Twila grew up in Cherry Brook and has spent her life dedicated to her community.
She’s been involved with many boards and organizations including:
- United Way Halifax
- The Black Cultural Society of Nova Scotia
- Southeastern Community Health Board
- The Halifax Foundation
- Atlantic Baptist Foundation
- Alderney Landing Community Cultural Centre
- Cherry Brook Baptist Church
- And many more...
With a background in finance, Twila worked for 36 years at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.